Sunday, September 30, 2012

Timeless Dreams

The other day I was looking at my titles on Amazon, and I noticed they finally include the "Timeless Dreams" classification. The King's Tale was among the very first books published by Dreamspinner Press in the Timeless Dreams category.

A Timeless Dreams title: While reaction to same-sex relationships throughout time and across cultures has not always been positive, these stories celebrate M/M love in a manner that may address, minimize, or ignore historical stigma.

I'm glad to see this included in Amazon's description of the book, because I have received complaints that the books are not historically accurate when it comes to homosexual history. As I have stated countless times, I chose to ignore the history. It isn't that I was clueless about it, I did research it. My goal with the books was to write classic historical romance novels, like the m/f novels I grew up reading, only with two men instead of a man and a woman. That is why I was glad that DSP had, and still has, this category.

At the end of the day, I'd rather read about the romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment